What do I need to start ServSafe Manager online exam?
We recommend to do a SYSTEM CHECK at least 1 day in advance to make sure you have a compatible PC or Mac to complete the exam.
You need following items for online exam:
- Government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport, or military ID) or a valid Student school ID
- Up-to-date Google Chrome
- Working webcam and microphone
- Laptop or desktop computer (phones and tablets are not supported)
- Strong internet connection
- Private room
I am ready for exam, how do I schedule an online exam?
Once you are ready, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Create a ServSafe account: CLICK HERE
- Create a ProctorU account: CLICK HERE
- After creating ProctorU Account you will be directed to student page. At top right click on calendar icon to “Schedule New Session”
- Select Institution: ServSafe, Select a term: ServSafe Manager, Select your exam: ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification. Click on find sessions
- Select date and time to schedule your exam.
Please watch following video that will explain online exam taking through ProctorU.
ProctorU Pre-Exam Checklist
Exam reschedule or cancellations
If you miss my scheduled exam appointment
- After 15 minutes, your appointment will be automatically cancelled and you will receive an email notification from ProctorU. Once you receive the email notification, you can log back into your ProctorU account to reschedule your exam.
- There is no fee for missing or rescheduling an appointment.
Cancellations and refund
- All online training and exams are final, nonrefundable, nonreturnable and non-transferable.
Could not complete the exam after it started, what do I do?
If the exam session is interrupted and you are not able to complete your exam due to technical reasons or reasons not related to test taking irregularities an incident log will be created by ProctorU.
To receive a replacement Online Proctoring Exam Access Code, please contact
- Live chat: ServSafe Customer Care team or
- Email ServSafe at ServiceCenter@restaurant.org or
- Call 800-765-2122 by phone or text.
For faster service, consider chat or text. Customer service is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. (U.S. Eastern Standard Time).
Once you receive the replacement Exam Access Code you can schedule a new exam appointment.
Passing score, study materials etc.
Please visit ServSafe FAQ page for answers to most common questions.